Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud music library displaying incorrect info on iOS devices

Hello I am using icloud music library (iCML) on several devices: multiple imacs, iphones and ipads. All are running most recent versions of macOS and iOS. I've recently encountered a bug on my iOS devices. Browsing the Album and Artist view, the track and album names for entire albums has been replaced by text that I have stored in the "Grouping" field within itunes. If I play one of the tracks, the info in the "now playing" pane shows all the correct information. Similarly, in playlists that reference these tracks the information is displayed correctly. No issue on any of my macOS devices, just iphones and ipads. I've tried toggling off iCML and rebooting but that doesn't help. Any ideas? Thanks.

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 7:23 AM

4 replies

Dec 26, 2017 7:20 PM in response to gabarrios

When your originally turned on iCloud Music Libary on your Mac, it probably uploaded your songs to iCloud with the custom grouping tag that you added, which means that all your iPhones and iPads will show that grouping tag. You could try removing this grouping tag from your Mac then clicking File in the top bar, then going to Library then clicking update iCloud Music Library.

Dec 27, 2017 7:45 AM in response to gabarrios

It will probably be that iPhones revert to sorting using the grouping tag as oposed to album name, whereas Macs give you the option to sort via Album name. I had a similar problem where I made the grouping tag the year I add the song to my library. I’m my case updating iCloud Libary didn’t actually reupload the song minus the grouping tag. I have to completely reset Apple Music and iCloud Music Library, which I was able to do since I had a backup.

If you want, you could try replacing the songs on your iPhone with the songs from Apppe Music, i.e deleting an album that had the grouping problem then adding it back via Apple Music, but that might take a while.

icloud music library displaying incorrect info on iOS devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.