Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weak security

Settings show weak security for WiFi What does that mean?...how can I fix

iPhone 8

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 8:44 AM

Typically that means that you are using a public WiFi network. Those networks are shared by hundreds and hundreds of people and are not secure. I use them all the time but I don’t do banking, purchasing or anything that would require giving out personal information. If you are just web browsing, reading email, streaming a video, etc., you are OK.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2017 8:44 AM in response to Busygirl7

Typically that means that you are using a public WiFi network. Those networks are shared by hundreds and hundreds of people and are not secure. I use them all the time but I don’t do banking, purchasing or anything that would require giving out personal information. If you are just web browsing, reading email, streaming a video, etc., you are OK.

Dec 14, 2017 9:12 AM in response to Busygirl7

If your computer is connected to the wifi network ... then yes, it's weak for all devices connected.

How to change the password type?... well, it's a setting that must be changed on your modem-router, generally it's under SSID (but it depends on your modem router model).

If you're not able to manage settings, call a friend who can do it, or contact the modem router manufactorer.

Your you got the modem router from your internet provider, contact the provider.

Regards and best of luck

Giulio

Weak security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.