Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My icloud account on iphone and ipad.

Dear Apple, my icloud account on my ipad and iphone have the wrong e mail address, how can I change them to the correct one for my Apple account which includes icloud?

iPad Mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 8:13 AM

1 reply

Dec 15, 2017 1:44 PM in response to wally156

Hey there, wally156,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that there is an old Apple ID signed into your iPhone and iPad that you would like to change. I'm happy to help!

If you already have a new Apple ID you'd like to sign in with, you need to first sign out of iCloud and other Apple services, and then you can sign in with the other Apple ID. To sign out in iOS 11, go to Settings > [Your Name] > Sign Out (located at the bottom of the page. You may need to scroll a bit). Then, tap Sign in to your [device], as described here: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support . Once signed in with the new Apple ID, you can begin downloading content from the iTunes and App Store, and use iCloud, iMessage, and FaceTime. Since this is a new Apple ID account, content from your previous Apple ID, such as iTunes and App Store purchases and iCloud backups, will not be available.

If you do not already have another Apple ID, you can follow the above steps to sign out of your current Apple ID, then use the steps located here to change the Apple ID from your current to a new one: Change your Apple ID - Apple Support . Changing your Apple ID does not create a brand new account for you, but rather just changes what you use to sign in. This means you'll be able to keep your purchases and other content you had with the previous Apple ID.

Cheers!

My icloud account on iphone and ipad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.