Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 1- Back cover felling off

Hi guys,

After charging my Apple Watch series 1 the back cover was separating from the Apple Watch and remained on the magnet, luckily I noticed it and the back cover didn't disconnected from the watch body! Did anyone experienced the same issue?

Apparently Apple extended the warranty for that specific issue up to three years, but can't find any official notifications on apple.com?

The Apple authorized retailer says it's not true and wants to charge me for repair, in East Africa either they're ill informed or wants to make quick buck of an existing issue! Can anyone give me the URL link of that official notification?

Thanks...

<Image Edited for Personal Information>

Apple Watch, watchOS 4.2

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 8:10 AM

Hi

Your Apple Watch is an Apple Watch (1st generation), not a Series 1 model.

Apple has not announced an exchange or repair extension program (including warranty extension) for any model of Apple Watch.

If the issue is not covered under warranty or any other internal Apple policy - be sure to ask, with reference to potential battery swelling issues with Apple Watch (1st generation) models - then your Apple Watch may instead be eligible for replacement via chargeable, out-of-warranty service (or via AppleCare+, if previously purchased).

Contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your Apple Watch to be inspected and to establish your available service options:

Select your country: Apple - Support

I'm afraid that no-one here can either tell you what Apple or an AASP will decide in your specific case or assist you directly. You are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community.

In the meantime, note that Apple advises that you should not continue using a damaged Apple Watch.

More information:

Identify your Apple Watch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2017 8:10 AM in response to xmetienne

Hi

Your Apple Watch is an Apple Watch (1st generation), not a Series 1 model.

Apple has not announced an exchange or repair extension program (including warranty extension) for any model of Apple Watch.

If the issue is not covered under warranty or any other internal Apple policy - be sure to ask, with reference to potential battery swelling issues with Apple Watch (1st generation) models - then your Apple Watch may instead be eligible for replacement via chargeable, out-of-warranty service (or via AppleCare+, if previously purchased).

Contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your Apple Watch to be inspected and to establish your available service options:

Select your country: Apple - Support

I'm afraid that no-one here can either tell you what Apple or an AASP will decide in your specific case or assist you directly. You are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community.

In the meantime, note that Apple advises that you should not continue using a damaged Apple Watch.

More information:

Identify your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple Watch series 1- Back cover felling off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.