Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes corrupted file/folder in artwork downloads

In the process of making a backup of my PC I found that when trying to copy the iTunes folder in My Music it encountered an error.

This showed that ....\Artwork\Downloads\89496D2F61F7802\13\07\12 is not accessible.

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

I've checked to make sure that “Automatically download missing album artwork" is on, turned it off restarted iTunes, then put it back on and restarted once more but not made any difference.

Should I delete the Downloads folder, the Cache or the whole of the Artworks folder. Would there be any other problems in doing that or are there any other suggestions as to what may have gone wrong.

Thanks.

null-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 8:19 AM

1 reply

Dec 14, 2017 1:31 PM in response to chrisfromwigston

I would delete the specific named folder, or its parent if it won't go. You can delete the whole cache if it becomes necessary, but that forces iTunes to reload data that it shouldn't have to.

See Backup your iTunes for Windows library with SyncToy for a possibly more efficient way to backup your iTunes library than you're using now. In particular it scores over using File/Windows Explorer in that such an error would not have prevented the rest of the library being backed up.

tt2

iTunes corrupted file/folder in artwork downloads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.