Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS safari semi-regularly redirects to spam sites.

Anyone else having this problem? The redirects are to obviously fraudulent advertisements for gift cards from major retailers

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 8:58 AM

7 replies

Dec 15, 2017 5:44 AM in response to Robert Dehmer

Hi Robert Dehmer,

I understand that Safari sometimes redirects you to websites that give you advertisements for gift cards. It's important to make sure that you can use Safari without any issues, so I'll be happy to provide some help.

First, I suggest closing the Safari app using the steps in this support article:
How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Then, use this support article to clear the history and cookies from Safari:
Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Once you've done both, test and see if you get the same result.

Best Regards.

Dec 18, 2017 3:02 PM in response to Robert Dehmer

Đã gửi từ iPhone của tôi

Ngày 19-12-2017, vào lúc 00:40, Apple Support Communities Updates <discussions-updates@apple.com> viết:

Apple Support Communities

Robert Dehmer has posted in the Using iPhone community.

Turning on the adblocker did the trick. Thanks!

To post a reply, go to the discussion in Communities.

You are receiving this email from Communities. You can change your email preferences in your Communities Profile. Please expect a slight delay in visibility of points awarded.

TM and copyright © 2017 Apple Inc. 1 Infinite Loop, MS 96-DM. Cupertino, CA 95014.

All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Apple Support

Jan 14, 2018 4:09 PM in response to Robert Dehmer

YES!! I am having the problem too, and thought I was the only one. HERE is the URL I keep getting redirected to: http://us.pkg7.date/amz/amz.php?brand=Apple&model=iPad&ip=47.37.92.12&city=North %20Richland%20Hills&browser=Mobile%20Safari&os=IOS&osversion=IOS%2011.2&browserv ersion=Mobile%20Safari%2011&isp=Charter%20Communications#

Whatever this script is, it has several incidious features, including one that does not allow you to back out of the page. My work around has been to kill the tab, and go back to the referring page. The only thing I can think of to do is to see if there’s a way to block content from a specific URL. If that can be done, then I’ll just block all content from the pkg7.date domain.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.