Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP X to Logic X Audio issues

Hello all-

I've just finished editing at 49 minute documentary in FCP X 10.4. I've exported an .xml of the project to Logic Pro X 10.3.3. However what comes out in Logic Pro X is a mess. The position and duration of the clips seem correct, however in many clips the content is wrong (audio from other parts of the region).

I've traced the problem to frame rates. The frame rate of the project in FCP X is 25fps. 60% of the footage is 25fps, the remaining footage is a mix of many different rates (24, 23.98, 23.976, 29.97, 59.94) as well as some audio only clips which are 96khz. All of these played fine inside of the 25fps Fcp X timeline as they should. However, those non-25fps clips (and the non-48khz audio) all come out completely out of sync when transfered to Logic Pro X.

So my question is... what is the easiest way to fix this problem? There are many, many non 25fps clips in the FCP X timeline and the editing is quite complex (many l-cuts, etc...), so creating new 25fps versions of the original media, importing the new clips, and then replacing each clip manually on the timeline will be a nightmare. Do I have to somehow create and reference new 25fps media only in the timeline in order for this xml transfer to Logic Pro X to work? Do all mixed frame rate projects that get sent to Logic Pro X work this way?

Thanks in advance.

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 9:41 AM

There are no replies.

FCP X to Logic X Audio issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.