Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently factory unlocked my 6s and looks like I must unlock through ITunes as well. When I put another providers sim, it does not read the network. What can be done?

What can be done after a phone is factory and network unlocked? Why will it not read the SiM from another network?

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 12:44 PM

This also depends on what model they have.

Identify your iPhone model - Apple Support

If the model is only able to be used on GSM networks it won't be able to be used for all networks. For example, an iPhone 7 model A1778 could be unlocked, but would only be able to be used on AT&T or T-Mobile. It's physically impossible for this model of phone to be used on a CDMA network.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2017 12:44 PM in response to deggie

This also depends on what model they have.

Identify your iPhone model - Apple Support

If the model is only able to be used on GSM networks it won't be able to be used for all networks. For example, an iPhone 7 model A1778 could be unlocked, but would only be able to be used on AT&T or T-Mobile. It's physically impossible for this model of phone to be used on a CDMA network.

I recently factory unlocked my 6s and looks like I must unlock through ITunes as well. When I put another providers sim, it does not read the network. What can be done?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.