Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How do I stop auto-correct suggested replacement of “us” with “U.S” everytime I use “us”?

Whenever I type “us” iPad auto-correct always suggests a replacement of “U.S”, which isn’t even a correct abbreviation for United States, which should technically be “U.S.” or “U.S.A.”.

Aside from this point, I am trying to intentionally use the word “us” in a sentence like “Do you think that the Smith’s are planning to invite us over for dinner?”

Every time I type “us” and if I don’t remember to reject the auto-correct version every time, my sentence is unwittingly modified to read “Do you think that the Smith’s are planning to invite U.S over for dinner?”

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended
Answer:
Answer:

Hi. This has previously been reported for "it" and "is". "us" is a new one.

Which iOS version do you have? This may be fixed in iOS 11.2.

Otherwise, try creating a Text Replacement for "Us" to "us". Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement.

And please report it to Apple by posting at this link: Feedback - iPad - Apple.

Posted on

Question marked as Apple recommended

Dec 14, 2017 10:03 AM in response to DParker03304 In response to DParker03304

Hi. This has previously been reported for "it" and "is". "us" is a new one.

Which iOS version do you have? This may be fixed in iOS 11.2.

Otherwise, try creating a Text Replacement for "Us" to "us". Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement.

And please report it to Apple by posting at this link: Feedback - iPad - Apple.

Dec 14, 2017 10:03 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: DParker03304

Question: How do I stop auto-correct suggested replacement of “us” with “U.S” everytime I use “us”?