Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Have old iMac with iOS X and trying to link to internet

Ok I am helping friend with linking old iMac with iOS X to internet hub using Thomson SpeedTouch 330. Do NOT have install cd so trying find place to download install software on networked pc. No money for other solution. Can any one help with this problem please?

iMac, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 9:52 AM

2 replies

Dec 14, 2017 10:53 AM in response to Chris Hunter42

You can get replacement System Install & Restore CD/DVDs from Apple's Customer Support - in the US, (800) 767-2775 - for a nominal S&H fee. You'll need to have the model and/or serial number of your Mac available.

If you're not in the US, you may need to go through the regional Apple Store that serves your location to find the contact number. Here's a list of links to all of those - http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/intlstoreroutingpage.html Another resource: International Support Phone #s.

============

BTW, there is no such thing as iOS X.

iOS is for mobile devices

OS is for computers

Which OS X version is currently installed on the iMac?

User uploaded file

Dec 16, 2017 1:35 AM in response to Baby-Boomer-USofA

Hi Baby Boomer,

thanks for reply.

I am in the UK so will try the UK contacts for this. Felt that as is was Thomson hardware/software that i needed it from them. I have also asked friend if he can remember having the software as well.

Quite right, obviously it is an OS which is as follows OSX 10:3:9

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Cris Hunter

Have old iMac with iOS X and trying to link to internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.