Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to get podcasts with Wi-Fi at home. I don’t want my Ipod Touch to sync with the computer Itunes. What settings are necessary to get my Ipod Touch to download all my favorite podcasts automatically every day? Please and thank you!

I want to get podcasts with Wi-Fi at home. I don't want my Ipod Touch to sync with the computer ITunes. What settings are necessary to get my Ipod Touch to download all my favorite podcasts automatically every day? It used to do this. I could hear it beep as it downloaded new podcasts via Wi-Fi.

I don't want to use a cable. I don't want it to sync with anything.

I have worked and worked on this. Can't get it going.

Please and thank you!

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 9:39 AM

2 replies

Dec 15, 2017 4:31 AM in response to StephenRRay

Is your iPod Touch a recent model, does it have the dedicated (but "challenging") Podcast app, or are Podcasts played within the Music player (as on older models of the Touch)?

If your iPod does have the Podcast app, you can use the app's search feature to find your favourite Podcasts, subscribe to them and let the iPod download them via your Wi-Fi directly to your iPod.

Before I explain the app any further, can you confirm whether you have it on your iPod please?

By the way, my use of the word challenging is because the app is just that. Certain aspects of it, that should be simple, require many many steps to set up first. That's why I'd like to confirm whether you have it before we go any further.

I want to get podcasts with Wi-Fi at home. I don’t want my Ipod Touch to sync with the computer Itunes. What settings are necessary to get my Ipod Touch to download all my favorite podcasts automatically every day? Please and thank you!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.