Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I sign into my iCloud through System Preferences?

After some hassle this morning (after having been signed out of my Mac forcibly) I reset my login password and got everything working smoothly, except for one thing; I cannot sign into the iCloud through System Preferences. I get no error message or any pop-ups requesting more information. After putting in the correct password, the circle spins and the same log in window doesn't change. The circle stops spinning and the login window stays the same. Any idea what's going on?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), macOS Sierra (10.12.1), Trade-In

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 1:17 PM

1 reply

Dec 15, 2017 12:56 PM in response to raylord666

Hi raylord666,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're not able to sign in to iCloud via System Preferences on your Mac. I know being fully signed in to iCloud is important and I'm happy to look into this with you. First I would suggest checking to see if there is an option to "Sign Out" of your iCloud account within System Preferences. You can look for this in the lower left corner of the iCloud System Preferences page.

User uploaded file

macOS Sierra: Change iCloud feature settings

If you're still having trouble I'd suggest using the steps here to boot your Mac in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac
Once you're booted into safe mode, try again to sign in to iCloud. If you're successful restart your Mac normally and check that you're fully signed in.

If the issue continues, take some time to test for this behavior in a new user with this guide: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

Why can't I sign into my iCloud through System Preferences?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.