Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i use a1357 usb power adapter with my iphone x ?

i have a1357 usb power adapter which came with ipad air. i want to use it for my iphone x. can i use it or does it effect badly my iphone x's battery?

iPhone X, iOS 11.1.2

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 10:52 AM

You can absolutely use it with your iPhone. If you look at the listing for that adapter on Apple's online store, you'll see that they show it as compatible with iPhones. I've used nothing by iPad adapters with my iPhones for years as I don't want to carry two when I travel.

3 replies

Dec 15, 2017 1:26 PM in response to decimert

As has already been mentioned, using an iPad charger (10 watt/2.1 amps or 12 watt/2.4 amps) is perfectly fine and will not damage your iPhone as the device and not the charger dictates how much current is pushed into the battery.

On the other hand, using an iPhone charger (5 watt/1amp) with an iPad is not recommended because 5 watts is not enough power to charge an iPad due to their much larger batteries.

can i use a1357 usb power adapter with my iphone x ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.