Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time capsule has orange flashing

My time capsule has an orange flashing light. But it has been disconnected for a long time, is now connected , has backed up and is veryfying I think. What can / should I do to stop the orange light flashing and get the constant green light I used to have.

Many thanks..

Andy

iMac, iOS 7.1.2, Garage Band

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 11:19 AM

Might be a good idea to start off by finding out why the amber light is flashing.

Open AirPort Utility on your Mac (Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility)

Click on the picture of the Time Caspule

Do you see an Update button in the smaller window that appears? If yes, click it to install the latest firmware

Otherwise, look for Status, and click on the small amber dot there. A message will appear to tell you what AirPort Utility thinks is wrong, along with a suggestion to fix things.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2017 11:19 AM in response to Andy4713

Might be a good idea to start off by finding out why the amber light is flashing.

Open AirPort Utility on your Mac (Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility)

Click on the picture of the Time Caspule

Do you see an Update button in the smaller window that appears? If yes, click it to install the latest firmware

Otherwise, look for Status, and click on the small amber dot there. A message will appear to tell you what AirPort Utility thinks is wrong, along with a suggestion to fix things.

Dec 14, 2017 11:19 AM in response to Andy4713

Usually indicates a configuration problem. Open Airport Utility, select the Time Capsule which should have an orange circle on its information. If you click on the orange circle it should tell you what the problem is so you can fix it. There has been a recent release of a firmware upgrade so this may be alerting you to install it.

Time capsule has orange flashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.