Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mark mail as "Not Junk" in Apple Mail

Is there a way to mark mis-categorized email as "not Junk"? I've tried, repeatedly, to send to inbox, but that does nothing to change the status of the sender and all following emails still go to Junk. I can't find any info online about this. Please help!

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 11:39 AM

Which email account are you having this issue with? Depending on which, you may need to go to that account's respective web site to control junk mail filtering.

FWIW. I have two non-iCloud email accounts that I use to "collect" SPAM mail. I use the maximum filtering settings on both of these accounts so I'm pretty confident that only desired emails get through. I then forward these emails to my iCloud account. In addition, I don't rely on the Mail app's Junk filter. Instead, I use SpamSieve as it provides me with much more control over SPAM emails.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2017 11:39 AM in response to bruce.from.rocklin

Which email account are you having this issue with? Depending on which, you may need to go to that account's respective web site to control junk mail filtering.

FWIW. I have two non-iCloud email accounts that I use to "collect" SPAM mail. I use the maximum filtering settings on both of these accounts so I'm pretty confident that only desired emails get through. I then forward these emails to my iCloud account. In addition, I don't rely on the Mail app's Junk filter. Instead, I use SpamSieve as it provides me with much more control over SPAM emails.

Dec 14, 2017 12:36 PM in response to bruce.from.rocklin

Thank you Tesserax - and I found the answer. This will be a layman's explanation- With Yahoo mail, Yahoo pre-sorts before pushing to Apple mail. It already told Apple that my sender was a "junk" source. This explained another confusion- there is no "junk" designation in Yahoo's mail. It's all Spam. Therefore, all searches for a change to Junk in Yahoo's native mail site were useless.

But I digressed - I had to go to Yahoo's native mail site, sign in, and find a message from the sender in question in the Spam folder, change it with "not Spam" and it immediately straightened things out! Again, a layperson's explanation. Sorry if it was too much, or too little.

Mark mail as "Not Junk" in Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.