Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am setting up and iPad and 2 iPods and need aaaiatance with the best way to do this in order to FaceTime and iMessage

My partner has an iPad and had an iTunes account and his children have 2 iPod touches! I want to set it all up so that can FaceTime and iMessage each other but with only 1 account when he FaceTimes one of them they both get the call. Any ideas on the best way to sort this?

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 11:09 AM

1 reply

Dec 14, 2017 11:25 AM in response to Mackinsonk

Sorry, but that is not possible with FaceTime. A FaceTime call is one to one, not one to many. There is no way to confernece call or group call with FaceTime. FaceTime supports group chats, but not group video conferencing.

You would need to find a third party app for that (Skype, Viber, Google Duo (replaces hangouts) for example).

You also cannot use a single AppleID with all those people for FaceTime - you cannot call yourself. And sharing an AppleID will only create many other headaches of merged, mixed and messed up shared data. Everyone should have their own AppleID for all Apple services (iMessage, FaceTime, iCloud, iTunes, App and iBook Stores, etc). You can use family sharing to share content from iTunes or the App stores.

For iMessage, they just need to create a group - Send a group message on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I am setting up and iPad and 2 iPods and need aaaiatance with the best way to do this in order to FaceTime and iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.