Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I add an Apple Store Gift Card to my iPhone Wallet App?

I have two physical Apple Store gift cards that I am trying to add to my wallet app. I have been able to add electronic gift cards easily, however, I am having trouble adding the physical card to my phone. It only scans & recognizes credit/debit cards, and does not allow me to enter in the proper information manually.

Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong on my end, or if there is any solution around this issue?

Thanks

W

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 11:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 1:41 PM

Hello,

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap App Store. You can also open the redemption page, then skip to step 5.
  2. Tap Today, then tap your Apple ID icon.
  3. Tap Redeem.
  4. Sign in with your Apple ID. Learn what to do if you forgot your Apple ID.
  5. If you want to use the camera in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to add your gift card, tap Use Camera. Make sure to follow the onscreen instructions to capture the redemption code. If you're in certain countries or regions, or have an older card, you might have to enter the card manually instead.
  6. If you have an App Store & iTunes Gift Card or Apple Music Gift Card, enter the 16-digit code, which starts with X, from the back of the card.
    If you have a promo or content code, enter the code from the back of the card.
  7. For store credit, tap Done.
    If you're prompted with an offer for Apple Music, choose "Extend Your Membership" to redeem months of Apple Music service. If you'd prefer to redeem for store credit, choose "Use Credit for iTunes or App Store".

Learn what to do if you see an alert message or can't redeem your App Store & iTunes Gift Card, Apple Music Gift Card, or content code.

Apple ID credit is used for each purchase you make in any of the stores, including Apple Music memberships, until it's gone. Learn how to check your credit balance.

Redeem App Store & iTunes Gift Cards, Apple Music Gift Cards, and content codes - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2017 1:41 PM in response to WJH23SS

Hello,

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

1. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap App Store. You can also open the redemption page, then skip to step 5.
  2. Tap Today, then tap your Apple ID icon.
  3. Tap Redeem.
  4. Sign in with your Apple ID. Learn what to do if you forgot your Apple ID.
  5. If you want to use the camera in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to add your gift card, tap Use Camera. Make sure to follow the onscreen instructions to capture the redemption code. If you're in certain countries or regions, or have an older card, you might have to enter the card manually instead.
  6. If you have an App Store & iTunes Gift Card or Apple Music Gift Card, enter the 16-digit code, which starts with X, from the back of the card.
    If you have a promo or content code, enter the code from the back of the card.
  7. For store credit, tap Done.
    If you're prompted with an offer for Apple Music, choose "Extend Your Membership" to redeem months of Apple Music service. If you'd prefer to redeem for store credit, choose "Use Credit for iTunes or App Store".

Learn what to do if you see an alert message or can't redeem your App Store & iTunes Gift Card, Apple Music Gift Card, or content code.

Apple ID credit is used for each purchase you make in any of the stores, including Apple Music memberships, until it's gone. Learn how to check your credit balance.

Redeem App Store & iTunes Gift Cards, Apple Music Gift Cards, and content codes - Apple Support

Dec 14, 2017 3:04 PM in response to WJH23SS

You should be able to add both electronic and physical Apple Store Gift Cards to Wallet.

The following may help:

• If you haven't already, peel off the seal on the back of the card to reveal a QR Code
  • On your iPhone open Wallet
  • Tap "Scan Code"
  • Scan the QR Code on the back of the Apple Store Gift Card

Additionally you can check the balance of the card with the website that is on the back of the card.

If you receive any error codes, I would suggest calling the phone number that is on the back of the card for further assistance.

Dec 14, 2017 3:45 PM in response to Gus

When I peel off the security sticker associated with the PIN, there is a barcode along with 16 letters for the pin. Not sure if this is the QR code you are referring to.

Thanks for the effort but I am still not having any luck. I will bring both gift cards to a store in hopes that they can help find a solution.

W

How do I add an Apple Store Gift Card to my iPhone Wallet App?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.