Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore backup from Snapshot folder or get files inside to ope

I had updated my iPhone 6s to IOS 11 end of September this year and did a backup prior to updating. All went smoothly except for all message history being erased but I expected something going wrong because my phone was out of memory at the time. Fast forward to today. I was on Safari and my phone suddenly crashed. I restarted it and got a message screen saying I was locked out of my iPhone. I plugged it into my macbook after reading this is a message normally received after numerous attempts at getting into a phone. I then was led to the choice of updating or restoring. I naturally selected update and it proceeded to do so with an error message 3/4 into the process that it couldn't complete with an error code of 14. I read this could be a usb issue and so forth. I ended up deleting the spas file and starting the update over. the update completed after that, but I then found my phone was completey erased!!! I am besides myself as I am unable to access the old backup from September and did not have the option to preform a new backup today. iTunes claims I have never backed up my phone at all which is incorrect. Is there any possible way to retrieve at least me photos/videos? i am so upset this happened out of nowhere.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 11:53 AM

There are no replies.

How do I restore backup from Snapshot folder or get files inside to ope

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.