Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bogus email??

Just received an email from service@appleid saying my account will be deactivated in 7days if I don't click the link? Just seems bogus can anyone confirm?

User uploaded file

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 11:58 AM

4 replies

Dec 14, 2017 12:01 PM in response to Kizbailey

Looks like a phishing attempt to me. Apple will always address you by name, not email address. See this support document for help in identifying fraudulent and phishing messages. Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support. You can forward it as an attachment to reportphishing@apple.com, then ignore and delete it.

Dec 14, 2017 12:36 PM in response to Kizbailey

The grammatical errors alone flag this as not coming from Apple at all.

Regardless, you can always simply verify your own AppleID by yourself at https://appleid.apple.com/

There is never any reason to trust any message, and never click on any link in any message. Everyone should know that secure web URL to access their AppleID management portal and check their account independently. Just as you should know how to independently access and verify your online bank account, your health insurance account, your electric or gas company account, your cellular carrier account, your retirement account, etc, etc. Never, ever just click on a link in an email, text or any other message. Always check your own accounts the same way you would normally and independently access them.

Bogus email??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.