Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple watch can not sync with health app

Since last update of IOS and watchOS, the Apple Watch serie 3 most of the times can’t sync with Health app (iPhone 7 Plus), despite it is possible to communicate with the Watch app, that’s mean it isn’t a Bluetooth issue.

I need to turn off and on the Apple Watch to sync again with Health app, and after a period of time the problem is back.

This issue is not a problem of the Apple Watch or iPhone, because I tried the same with the Apple Watch serie1 and my old iPhone 6 Plus, and the sync issue was the same.

I reset my iPhone 7 Plus and I reset my Apple Watch serie 3 as new, but, the problem is there.

I update my iPhone to the new IOS 11.2.1 with a hope to solve the problem, but didn’t.

I hope Apple can do a new update to solve this issue, because the Apple Watch is very important to track my health, and I wear my Watch 22 hours per day.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 4.2, iPhone IOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 11:07 AM

Hi

Health and Activity data should sync automatically from your Apple Watch to the Activity app and Health app on your paired iPhone:

If it is not doing so, then the following steps may help:

Check that you have set up the Activity app:

If you are sharing an Apple ID with another user, then stop doing so.

• For Activity tracking and reporting and various other features and services to work as intended, each person should each have a separate Apple ID and be signed in accordingly on their own devices.

Check your personal information:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Health > Edit - tap and adjust items, then tap on Done.
  • If the setting for Wheelchair currently states "Not Set", then change it to "Yes" or "No" as appropriate.

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Privacy > Motion & Fitness - check that both Fitness Tracking and Health are enabled.

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Privacy > check that both Fitness Tracking and Heart Rate are enabled.

Close certain apps and then restart (normally) both your iPhone and your Apple Watch:

If you are using any third-party fitness tracking apps, check the developers' support resources and/or contact the developers to check for any known issues affecting how data is shared to the Health app on your iPhone.

Follow the further instructions here, if necessary including unpairing and re-pairing your Apple Watch:

If the issue persists, then you may wish follow the steps below, which have resolved Activity data syncing issues for other users.

Important: note that this process involves the permanent loss of all sensitive data on your iPhone and Apple Watch, including historic Health and Activity data, HomeKit data and saved passwords:

Start by making an unencrypted backup of your iPhone:

Restore your iPhone as new (ie to factory settings) using iTunes:

After the Restore completes, during setup, restore your iPhone from the unencrypted backup:

Pair your Apple Watch, setting it up as a new watch (do not restore it from backup):

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2017 11:07 AM in response to jmrbr1

Hi

Health and Activity data should sync automatically from your Apple Watch to the Activity app and Health app on your paired iPhone:

If it is not doing so, then the following steps may help:

Check that you have set up the Activity app:

If you are sharing an Apple ID with another user, then stop doing so.

• For Activity tracking and reporting and various other features and services to work as intended, each person should each have a separate Apple ID and be signed in accordingly on their own devices.

Check your personal information:

• On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch (tab) > Health > Edit - tap and adjust items, then tap on Done.
  • If the setting for Wheelchair currently states "Not Set", then change it to "Yes" or "No" as appropriate.

On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Privacy > Motion & Fitness - check that both Fitness Tracking and Health are enabled.

On your iPhone, in the Watch app, go to: My Watch > Privacy > check that both Fitness Tracking and Heart Rate are enabled.

Close certain apps and then restart (normally) both your iPhone and your Apple Watch:

If you are using any third-party fitness tracking apps, check the developers' support resources and/or contact the developers to check for any known issues affecting how data is shared to the Health app on your iPhone.

Follow the further instructions here, if necessary including unpairing and re-pairing your Apple Watch:

If the issue persists, then you may wish follow the steps below, which have resolved Activity data syncing issues for other users.

Important: note that this process involves the permanent loss of all sensitive data on your iPhone and Apple Watch, including historic Health and Activity data, HomeKit data and saved passwords:

After the Restore completes, during setup, restore your iPhone from the unencrypted backup:

Pair your Apple Watch, setting it up as a new watch (do not restore it from backup):

Dec 14, 2017 11:54 AM in response to jmrbr1

My "standard answer", which I have offered for your benefit, contains steps that - based on my extensive experience - have previously resolved the same issue for other users.

Whether you choose to follow them or not is up to you. But there is no need to be impolite (one of your posts has already been removed).

If you would prefer to seek assistance from Apple, then options include contacting Apple Support, making a Genius Bar reservation or visiting an Apple Authorised Service Provider:

Best of luck and have a nice day.

Dec 14, 2017 12:26 PM in response to jmrbr1

You did not indicate anywhere within your question that you had previously tried all of the steps that are suggested within my previous reply.

As my previous reply advises, if the issue persists after trying all of the other steps, then you may wish follow the steps below, which have resolved Activity data syncing issues for many other users.

Dec 14, 2017 12:35 PM in response to jmrbr1

As I hoped to explain in my previous reply:

If you would prefer to seek assistance from Apple, then options include contacting Apple Support, making a Genius Bar reservation or visiting an Apple Authorised Service Provider:

You are not talking to Apple here - this is a user-based technical support community.

Dec 14, 2017 12:20 PM in response to Jonathan UK

Sorry if my answer looks like impolite.

I search on the community for this issue and always “you” answer the same, and on all of them there aren’t any one say the issue was resolved.

Despite of that, if you look my question I follow your recommendations before, but didn’t work.

It a problem with the software, that I expected to be fixed with the IOS 11.2.1.

Apple Watch is very important for me to track my health, and that the reason I am looking for a fix.

I have an Apple Watch since was launched, and I never had a problem like that.

Dec 14, 2017 12:34 PM in response to Jonathan UK

Thank you.

I can’t loose all information that I have on my Health, as I said these information is very important due to my health, I am 69 years old.

I can’t make an unencrypted backup and loose all information, despite of that, nobody answered that this radical option solve the issue.

Help me as a long term customer from Apple and not as a debate to say that who is right or wrong.

If I understand you work for Apple to help them with the community.

apple watch can not sync with health app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.