Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I send an email using Mail on my iPad, the sent email does not show up in the Sent box on my iPhone X i.e. does not sync across. All settings are the same on both devices, same version of iOS etc. Can anyone explain this? Thanks.

If I send an IMAP email using Mail on my iPad, the sent email does not show up in the Sent box on my iPhone X i.e. does not sync across. All settings are the same on both devices, same version of iOS etc. Can anyone explain this? Thanks.

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 1:55 PM

I asked this question and have now have found the solution myself. My iPhone was using a folder/box called ‘Sent Messages”. This needed to be changed to the “Sent” folder.

Settings-> Accounts & Passwords -> [account name] -> Account -> Advanced -> then check the sent mailbox is the same one that is being used on other devices.

i.e. Change the Sent mail box from "Sent Messages" to "Sent", save the changes and any new sent items will sync across iPhone, iPad and MacBook.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2017 1:55 PM in response to eracode

I asked this question and have now have found the solution myself. My iPhone was using a folder/box called ‘Sent Messages”. This needed to be changed to the “Sent” folder.

Settings-> Accounts & Passwords -> [account name] -> Account -> Advanced -> then check the sent mailbox is the same one that is being used on other devices.

i.e. Change the Sent mail box from "Sent Messages" to "Sent", save the changes and any new sent items will sync across iPhone, iPad and MacBook.

If I send an email using Mail on my iPad, the sent email does not show up in the Sent box on my iPhone X i.e. does not sync across. All settings are the same on both devices, same version of iOS etc. Can anyone explain this? Thanks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.