Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP X xml import problem

Hello all-

I've just finished editing at 49 minute documentary in FCP X 10.4. I've exported an .xml of the project to Logic Pro X 10.3.3. However what comes out in Logic Pro X is a mess. The position and duration of the clips seem correct, however in many clips the content is wrong (audio from other parts of the clips).

I've traced the problem to frame rates. The frame rate of the project in FCP X is 25fps. 60% of the footage is 25fps, the remaining footage is a mix of many different rates (24, 23.98, 23.976, 29.97, 59.94) as well as some audio only clips which are 96khz. All of these played fine inside of the 25fps Fcp X timeline as they should. However, those non-25fps clips (and the non-48khz audio) all come out completely out of sync when transfered to Logic Pro X.

I've set the project frame rate to 25fps and audio to 48khz in Logic. In the project properites I've tried both checking and unchecking the "import audio tracks to project" and "convert sample rate to imported audio tracks" options, both give the same results on the timeline. When checking those boxes and importing the xml I firt get a dialogue box saying that some of the files that will be imported are not at the correct sample rate and will be converted, etc...

Basically I cannot figure out how to get this project from FCP X to Logic X (as it is advertised to be able to do).

Any advice would be much appreaciated!

Thanks in advance.

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 11:41 AM

There are no replies.

FCP X xml import problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.