Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photoshop Elements 2018

I downloaded Photoshop Elements 2018 from the Mac Ape Store. How do I get my third party plugins to work. Topaz and Nik. They still work as they should in PE 15.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2017 2:45 PM

Finally, a concise and definitive answer!

It didn't come from either the Apple or Adobe forums, but Topaz Labs.

Took just less than 24 hours.

First class all the way.

Now comes my, hopefully non-futile, attempt to receive a refund from the Mac App Store.

And to download Adobe Photoshop Elements 16 directly from Adobe.

Joe Fedric (Topaz Studio)

Dec 19, 10:26 AM CST

Hi Eugene,

Thank you for contacting Topaz Labs!

Plugins cannot be used with App Store applications, unfortunately. This is due to a requirement placed on the App Store by Apple, called Sandboxing. Sandboxing prevents applications from sending data between one another, which prevents the use of plugins. I'd recommend requesting a refund, and purchasing PS Elements 2018 directly from Adobe.

Our utilities do not touch on App Store applications, as these cannot be modified in any way, regardless of what scripts we write. This is a restriction of using the Mac App Store, unfortunately, and there is nothing we can do about it.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns, and I will be happy to assist!

Respectfully,

Joe Fedric

Head of Operations and Support

Topaz Labs

Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2017 2:45 PM in response to Clique of One

Finally, a concise and definitive answer!

It didn't come from either the Apple or Adobe forums, but Topaz Labs.

Took just less than 24 hours.

First class all the way.

Now comes my, hopefully non-futile, attempt to receive a refund from the Mac App Store.

And to download Adobe Photoshop Elements 16 directly from Adobe.

Joe Fedric (Topaz Studio)

Dec 19, 10:26 AM CST

Hi Eugene,

Thank you for contacting Topaz Labs!

Plugins cannot be used with App Store applications, unfortunately. This is due to a requirement placed on the App Store by Apple, called Sandboxing. Sandboxing prevents applications from sending data between one another, which prevents the use of plugins. I'd recommend requesting a refund, and purchasing PS Elements 2018 directly from Adobe.

Our utilities do not touch on App Store applications, as these cannot be modified in any way, regardless of what scripts we write. This is a restriction of using the Mac App Store, unfortunately, and there is nothing we can do about it.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns, and I will be happy to assist!

Respectfully,

Joe Fedric

Head of Operations and Support

Topaz Labs

Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm

Dec 16, 2017 8:48 AM in response to Dah•veed

Okay, I did post my query on the Adobe forums, no real assistance was provided.

Photoshop Elements 2018 & Mac App Store https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2425937

Here's a part of what I wrote. "First off, I don’t have a serial number, and I don’t have the ability to either manage my account or check for updates under the ‘Help’ column as with previous versions of PE."

So, since the Mac App Store copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 is not up to my satisfaction and there appears to be no resolution to my problem, I just might purchase the PE 2018 directly from Adobe as I always did before with earlier versions of PE. Also, I never had a problem with copying plugins from an older PE and pasting to the new PE. Both versions of PE would continue to function as before.

But before I do decide to make the purchase directly from Adobe, is there a way to completely eradicate from the computer, the PE 2018 that I purchased from the Mac App Store, and reinstall PE 2018 from the Mac App Store, without additional cost?

Another observation that I've made, in previous versions of PE, a folder such as 'Adobe Photoshop Elements 15', would be placed in the Applications folder. In this folder, there was another folder called Support Files, the application itself, and the Adobe Photoshop Elements uninstaller. Inside the Support Files folder were folders such as AMT, Assets, Locales, Plug-ins, Presets, and Tutorials. This always happened with every new version of PE, every other Mac computer, and every Mac operating system. But there is no folder called either Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018 or Adobe Photoshop Elements 16 in the Applications folder. Only the PE 2018 app itself was installed in the Applications folder.

Again, how do I go about reinstalling the Mac Ape Store Photoshop Elements 2018?

Dec 16, 2017 1:19 PM in response to Dah•veed

I don't have that option since it's already installed.

The big question is, how do I remove the entire previously installed PE 2018 app, so that I will be able to do a reinstall?

The Mac Store PE 2018 are all over the computer, whereas previously purchased PE from Adobe where in just a few easy to find locations. Namely, the folder as previously stated, located in the 'Applications' folder.

Just how many files to I have to delete before the App Store finally allows me to download PE 2018?

This is my worst experience with the App Store. And the inability to post a review because of the, “This nickname is taken. Enter another and try again.” loop, is giving me a Microsoft Migraine.

Will really be considering my next purchase of third party software from the Mac App Store.

Photoshop Elements 2018

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.