Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Epson Photo Stylus 2200 is unusable after upgrading to macOS High Sierra

My Epson Stylus Photo 2200 is unusable since I upgraded to macOS High Sierra. Is there a solution to this, or is my printer just obsolete in Epson's eyes?

iMovie '11, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 12:39 PM

6 replies

Dec 14, 2017 1:00 PM in response to michael dfromportland

Are you using Epson software to drive it? If so, uninstall it and then see if the printer is seen using the instructions in macOS Sierra: Add or remove a printer.

If the device is a network printer then you may still be able to use it if you know it's IP address. You can learn how to install using the IP address using the same instructions.

If the device is simply no longer detected then you are correct Epson has obsoleted it and it's time to replace it.

Dec 14, 2017 1:42 PM in response to DonH49

Thanks to you and rkaufmann87 for responding! What perplexes me is that I have installed the driver dated 9/20/17 and the patch dated 9/25/17 on the site you provided. I've removed the printer and added the printer many times, added the driver and patch numerous times, and still get the "filter failed" error message. I must be doing something wrong. Everything was fine for macOS Sierra, but when I upgraded to macOS High Sierra, the printer has been unusable. I would appreciate any thoughts you may have.

My Epson Photo Stylus 2200 is unusable after upgrading to macOS High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.