Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: I want to transfer data from PC to a 2017 MacBook Pro using Windows Migration Assistant. Which one do I use 1) Windows Migration Assistant for macOS Sierra or later 2) Windows Migration Assistant for OS X El Capitain or earlier

I want to transfer data from PC to a 2017 MacBook Pro using Windows Migration Assistant. There are two options 1) Windows Migration Assistant for macOS Sierra or later 2) Windows Migration Assistant for OS X El Capitan or earlier. Which one should I use?

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Chances are pretty good that it is running either macOS Sierra or High Sierra. I suggest you verify that with the MacBook BEFORE downloading the software onto it.

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Dec 14, 2017 1:22 PM in response to chrestensenb In response to chrestensenb

If your Mac is running macOS Sierra or later, download "Windows Migration Assistant for macOS Sierra or later." If you Mac is running an earlier version of OS X, then download the other.

Ref: Move your data from a Windows PC to your Mac - Apple Support

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Helpful

Dec 14, 2017 1:22 PM in response to chrestensenb In response to chrestensenb

If your Mac is running macOS Sierra or later, download "Windows Migration Assistant for macOS Sierra or later." If you Mac is running an earlier version of OS X, then download the other.

Ref: Move your data from a Windows PC to your Mac - Apple Support

Dec 14, 2017 1:22 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: chrestensenb

Question: I want to transfer data from PC to a 2017 MacBook Pro using Windows Migration Assistant. Which one do I use 1) Windows Migration Assistant for macOS Sierra or later 2) Windows Migration Assistant for OS X El Capitain or earlier