Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I restore Factory settings to my IPod Nano 5th Generation without a PC?

How can I restore Factory settings to my IPod Nano 5th Generation without a PC? My granddaughter gave this to me because she no longer uses it. It doesn't come up on my PC as I have a different Ipod Nano.

iPod nano, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 12:31 PM

3 replies

Dec 15, 2017 3:26 PM in response to LadyJ22

Hi LadyJ22,

Thank you for contacting Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it seems like you want to restore an iPod nano to factory but it is not being recognized on your Windows computer. In order to restore it, you would need to use iTunes. There are a couple things you can try that may be able to help. I would recommend you read these articles, they explain how to restore the iPod and what to do if it is not recognized.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Cheers.

Dec 16, 2017 3:34 AM in response to LadyJ22

If it now appears on your PC, whereas it didn't previously, why can't you Restore it? What happens when you try?

LadyJ22 wrote:

Also I will not sync to my Itunes.

It will if you tell iTunes that it can do so.

iTunes should warn you that the iPod is synced with another Library and that if you Sync it with your Library all the previous content will be removed, which is actually what you want to happen, isn't it?

How can I restore Factory settings to my IPod Nano 5th Generation without a PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.