Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

lost playlists

When data was transferred to a new computer, all the songs were transferred to iTunes. But many large playlists only exist on the iPod now.

Is there a way to transfer these playlists back into the computer? Both are connected to iCloud so presumably it can be done. I just don't know how.

Technical info:

MacBook Pro running 10.12.6 and iTunes 12.7.1.14

iPod touch running 9.3.5

iPod touch, iOS 9.1

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 1:39 PM

3 replies

Dec 15, 2017 2:43 AM in response to bobbieinSDcounty

Ideally you would have kept the old computer running until you were happy that the new computer was running properly with all of your content.

Ideally you would have a full backup of your data to hand, ready for restoring to a new or repaired computer in the event of a problem. If you have such you can try restoring a working version of your library from that.

If you think your transfer process should have included the library database and not just the media did you try the suggestions in Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash?

I have a scripting solution for importing device playlists using iTunes for Windows, but I'm not aware of anything directly equivalent for Mac. There are however some general recovery tools such as those mentioned towards the end of Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device, some of which can pull back playlists too.

tt2

lost playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.