Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disabled icloud account

I've had my iPhone for about 3 years (2nd hand) and whilst resetting I set it up with a new icloud account as I couldn't use my old one for some reason. Now I have been met with an activation lock, and tried my icloud account that I use normally as the one I used to set up wasn't in my mind as I don't use it. I then realised which account to use but by then my icloud account had been disabled for security reasons. I then go to rest my password, and the email it redirects to AND the security questions are incorrect. I have no idea what to do, I am an honest person and haven't stolen this phone or anything but I am perplexed how to get out of this situation. help on resetting my password??

iPhone 5s, 2nd hand

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 1:36 PM

1 reply

Dec 15, 2017 2:00 PM in response to bluestripe0000

Hey, bluestripe0000,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. From your post, I understand that your iPhone is displaying Activation Lock with an old Apple ID you no longer remember the information to. When you tried resetting the password, it seems the email address it wants to send the reset to, and the security questions, aren't correct. I'm happy to help!

Since you're unable to reset the password online via email or security questions, the next step would be to try resetting the security questions, then trying the password reset with them again. The following article will walk you through resetting your security questions: If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions - Apple Support .

Cheers.

disabled icloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.