Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to install I tunes on windows 10 64x

I have tried several times to install I tunes after downloading it from APPLE.COM... each time the install fails due to some unknown error and asks to retry... looking for advice

null-OTHER, Windows 10, home build PC

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 1:04 PM

3 replies

Dec 14, 2017 1:16 PM in response to D.coop007

Try repairing Apple Software Update from the Programs and Features control panel, then uninstall it before trying to reinstall iTunes. If it won't repair try the MS install & uninstall utility mentioned in note 1 of the following guide. If it still won't uninstall you can remove all Apple components that will uninstall then use the steps in Install missing components to install everything apart from Apple Software Update.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. It may also help to temporarily disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Dec 14, 2017 1:38 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you for your quick reply… A Google search provided me with an answer that worked… when down loading the installer file, click save file and DO NOT run from it’s present location. Then right click on the installer file, select run as administrator and proceed with installation. That worked for me….

But, thank you for the info and response.

DC

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 4:18 PM

To: D.coop007

Subject: - unable to install I tunes on windows 10 64x[3hsa9x-bohy4-jh94n]

You received a reply turingtest2 has replied to your question. You can view the full discussion in Communities. unable to install I tunes on windows 10 64x Try repairing Apple Software Update from the Programs and Features control panel, then uninstall it before trying to reinstall iTunes. If it won't repair try the MS install & uninstall utility mentioned in note 1 of the following guide. If it still won't uninstall you can remove all Apple components that will uninstall then use the steps in Install missing components to install everything apart from Apple Software Update.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. It may also help to temporarily disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2Correct Answer Helpful Answer Use the buttons above to tell turingtest2 and the rest of the community if this reply solved your question or helped you get closer to finding a solution. To reply to turingtest2, go to the discussion in Communities. You are receiving this email from Communities. You can change your email preferences in your Communities Profile. Please expect a slight delay in visibility of points awarded. TM and copyright © 2017 Apple Inc. 1 Infinite Loop, MS 96-DM. Cupertino, CA 95014. All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Apple Support

---

This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.

http://www.avg.com

unable to install I tunes on windows 10 64x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.