Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All my custom icons have disappeared in LPX

I don't have a lot of time to go into this, because I'm on a deadline, but I've been having s few issues with my iMac recently, but been too busy to look into things. Today, Logic played up, while trying to add a Kontakt library.

After getting things up and running again, i found that all my custom icons have now disappeared. I had around 100. This is not only puzzling, but very annoying, as I rely on this type of thing for speed. I don't have to spend on it right now. I couldn't locate where they are kept. I open the package contents but couldn't see anything. Does anyone have any idea why this has happened, or where I can locate the custom icons folder, please?

I have a recent Time Machine back up , but for some bizarre reason I couldn't use the enter Time Machine function. It simply didn't work.Yep, another weird thing going on. Time to buy a new machine, I think.

Thanks if anyone can help.....

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 3:15 PM

4 replies

Dec 15, 2017 1:35 PM in response to Cuauhtemoc

No, I didn't. I'm still on El Cap. Just don't get the time to keep up. It's a mystery, but my whole machine is problematic. I think the directory is screwed. I'm going to buy Disk Warrior and take a look. I'm intending to buy the iMac Pro after Xmas.

Many thanks for replying.

Dec 15, 2017 2:35 PM in response to Community User

moebius7 wrote:

No, I didn't. I'm still on El Cap. Just don't get the time to keep up. It's a mystery, but my whole machine is problematic. I think the directory is screwed. I'm going to buy Disk Warrior and take a look. I'm intending to buy the iMac Pro after Xmas.

Wow, Disk Warrior is still around?

Did you check in your user directory ~/Music/Audio Music Apps/Custom Icons/ if the tiff files are still there? One option would be to drag them back into the Track Icons Popover in Logic again.

(BTW, congratulation on your future iMac Pro.)

Hope that helps

EdgarRothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Dec 15, 2017 4:30 PM in response to EdgarRothermich

My understanding is that Disk Warrior is still the go-to utility for this type of thing. I had it many years ago and it was amazing.

As for your advice, that is exactly the directory path I was seeking in my initial post. But I've now simply put all the custom icons back in and it's all fine again. That's not the point. I get uneasy when stuff like this happens, because it might be a symptom of something more problematic.

Thanks re the iMac. It's very, very expensive, and not a done deal. I need 128GB of RAM and the lower-end iMacs don't support that.

All my custom icons have disappeared in LPX

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.