Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod wont cooperate

I baught an older model ipod classic and it shows a battery and lightning bolt and when I plug it into usb I get an apple and then a triangle that says to contact apple support, does anyone know any repairs aside from apples generic trouble shooting tips. ive tried those to no avail.

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 1:14 PM

1 reply

Dec 14, 2017 1:21 PM in response to lemonipod

The hard drive has probably failed. You may have already found If you see a red X icon on your iPod classic or iPod nano (5th generation or earlier) - Apple Support but take a look at Corrupt iPod Classic as well. Are you able to access either disk mode or the diagnostics screens? If Apple's repair service is too expensive, or they are no longer interested in providing one, you could look at third party hard drive replacements. I believe you can get an SD card reader and adaptor to use instead of the original drive which is no longer made, either as a third party full service repair or parts for a DIY project. See also Fix your iPod by spanking it (or take it apart and put it back together).

tt2

ipod wont cooperate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.