Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can my 12 year old get a 17+ app

He wants the cross fit WOD app and can’t seem to get it, why???

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 2:50 PM

Hi Nashvillecarrie,

I understand that your son is trying to download an app that is rated for ages 17+, but he's unable to. I'm happy to provide some help for this.

Children enjoy the same Family Sharing features as other family members and, by default, can access the same music, movies, TV shows, books, and apps. You can limit what content your child can access on the devices they use by setting Restrictions on an iOS device or Parental Controls on OS X and iTunes. Ask to Buy is enabled by default for children under 13.*

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Since children have access to the same items, check the parental controls on his device:

Use parental controls on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2017 2:50 PM in response to Nashvillecarrie

Hi Nashvillecarrie,

I understand that your son is trying to download an app that is rated for ages 17+, but he's unable to. I'm happy to provide some help for this.

Children enjoy the same Family Sharing features as other family members and, by default, can access the same music, movies, TV shows, books, and apps. You can limit what content your child can access on the devices they use by setting Restrictions on an iOS device or Parental Controls on OS X and iTunes. Ask to Buy is enabled by default for children under 13.*

Family Sharing and Apple ID for your child - Apple Support

Since children have access to the same items, check the parental controls on his device:

Use parental controls on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Cheers!

How can my 12 year old get a 17+ app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.