Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How is it possible there are already two pictures of a child which is unknown to me on my ‘completly new’ just bought macbook pro?

Hello, I just bought a new macbook at the applestore in Amsterdam. When i came home, i opened the box and everything seemed perfectly fine, unused and new. When i finished installing everything i saw that there were already two pictures of a child, unknown to me, on the new macbook. I think the pictures are made somewhere else than in Europe, maybe in de middle east. The pictures were uploaded at 3 december. Nothing else shows that this laptop is used before, but how else can it be possible that there are pictures of somebody else on my macbook? Its very strange i think, mostly because i bought what they sais was a completly new macbook. Do they secretly sell used macbooks? I cant believe it, but this is to strange to find a different answer for, i think. Does anyon e knows something more? Is this a more common problem? What do you think happened? Thank you forward for your help. Greetings, Lauravava

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 1:57 PM

2 replies

Dec 14, 2017 2:25 PM in response to Allan Eckert

Hello Allan Eckert,

Thanks a lot for your response. I would have done the same, but such a shame; the shop was already closed when i came behind all this.

I feel strange by the idea they just sold me a used one instead of a completly new one as what they say for this major sum of money.

And also: i guess the person who used it won’t be happy with the knowing someone else has got a pair of his privat pictures and maybe more of things that dont belong to someone else.

It would be completly wron if this is true.

Thanks again for your reply! I will follow your advise directly tomorrow, first thing in the morning it will be!

How is it possible there are already two pictures of a child which is unknown to me on my ‘completly new’ just bought macbook pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.