Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magnetic Q1 charging bases

Will adding the metal plate to enable using a magnetic Q1 wireless charger work? Will adding the plate interfere with wireless charging?

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 1:24 PM

1 reply

Dec 15, 2017 9:40 AM in response to bobfa100

Hello, bobfa100.

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It's my understanding that you want to know if a metal plate will interfere with wireless charging. I may be able to help you with this and according to the article, it can affect your charging. Check it out: How to wirelessly charge your iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus

Learn more

• Wireless charging uses magnetic induction to charge your iPhone. Don't place anything between your iPhone and the charger. Magnetic mounts, magnetic cases, or other objects between your iPhone and the charger might reduce performance or damage magnetic strips or RFID chips like those found in some credit cards, security badges, passports, and key fobs. If your case holds any of these sensitive items, remove them before charging or make sure that they aren’t between the back of your iPhone and the charger.
  • If your iPhone isn't charging or is charging slowly and your iPhone has a thick case, metal case, or battery case, try removing the case.
Let me know if this helps.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Magnetic Q1 charging bases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.