Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an application called Festovshade on my Mac what is it?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 12:46 AM

Thanks for your reply. When I googled it, it came up with, that it could be taking sensitive information, but I didn't know what would happen if when I uninstalled it, that it would open up a can of worms!! I have know idea how it got there.

If I could ask you one more question, because of this should I install Norton Antivirus when I ask at the Apple store they say it's not necessary.

Thanks again

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2017 12:46 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Thanks for your reply. When I googled it, it came up with, that it could be taking sensitive information, but I didn't know what would happen if when I uninstalled it, that it would open up a can of worms!! I have know idea how it got there.

If I could ask you one more question, because of this should I install Norton Antivirus when I ask at the Apple store they say it's not necessary.

Thanks again

Dec 15, 2017 5:55 AM in response to Mariel1957

Hi Mariel,

What the Apple store told you is true, macOS (Unix) systems are not affected by virus as other systems are, such as Windows... However, Trojan Horses are the issue we can face...

If you really want to install an antivirus which is adapted for macOS systems, then rather look into Kaspersky, however it will slow down your system a fair bit...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.