Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 4 sound problem

Hi guys,

As of late I've encountered a problem with my iPad 4.

When I plug in earphones the sound only works when I turn the volume up to max. When I start turning the volume down, the sound stops working and I only hear distant crackling noises. I've tried several earplugs and also headphones so it's not that.

Also the speaker works fine.

Anyone knows what the problem is here? And how to fix it?

Help is very much appreciated,

Kind Regards,

Rick

iOS Version: 10.3.3

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 2:12 PM

1 reply

Dec 15, 2017 9:48 AM in response to REFLEXOR

Hello REFLEXOR,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that you experience sound issues when connecting headphones with your iPad. You've done a great job trying to isolate this issue. I'm happy to help.

Please follow the steps below to check for debris and damage:
  1. Check for debris in the headphone port on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
  2. Check your headphone cable, connector, remote, and earbuds for damage, like wear or breakage.
  3. Look for debris on the meshes in each earbud. To remove debris, gently brush all openings with a small, soft-bristled brush that's clean and dry.
  4. Firmly plug your headphones back in. If your iOS device has a case, remove the case to get a firm connection.
If your headphones don‘t work with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, contact Apple Support for further assistance.
Contact Apple Support

Have a great day!

iPad 4 sound problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.