Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts - Phone - "Add Custom Label" Not Available

Some of my contacts do not have the "Add Custom Label" option separated beneath the standard labels. I've tried, but can't find any pattern as to which contacts have the option available and which do not.

I'm using an iPhone X on iOS 11.2.1.

Please help! (or Apple, please fix this)

iPhone X, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 3:31 PM

2 replies

Dec 14, 2017 3:55 PM in response to sberman

That was one of my thoughts too but that doesn't appear to be the case. Plus I don't use iCloud.

I have two contacts that were both manually added and one has the the option to Add Custom Label (and all custom labels I've previously created) and the other does not. Neither of the contacts are linked to another contact and neither are linked to Facebook, Google, or any other 3rd party like that.

My other thought was maybe they were added on a different device/iOS than each other (which shouldn't have an impact like this anyway...) but even that is unlikely as I added these 2 specific contacts around the same time 5 years ago..

Contacts - Phone - "Add Custom Label" Not Available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.