Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac Pro - DisplayPort Support?

I currently have a late 2013 Mac Pro connected to two displays using a DisplayPort to mini-DisplayPort cable plugged into two of the Thunderbolt 2 ports.

My iMac Pro is on order and will replace the late 2013 Mac Pro. The displays have both DisplayPort and mini-DdisplayPort connections and I would like to use them with my new iMac Pro.

About Thunderbolt ports and displays - Apple Support

The 'About Thunderbolt adapters and cables - Thunderbolt 3' section says "although it uses a Mini DisplayPort connector, the Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter doesn't support connections to Mini DisplayPort displays."

and

Adapters for connecting a display to the Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port on your Mac - Apple Support

says "Mini DisplayPort display - If you're using a Mini DisplayPort cable with a Mini DisplayPort display, use a compatible third-party USB-C to Mini DisplayPort adapter. Check with the maker of the adapter for compatibility with your Mac and display model.

"

If the "Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter doesn't support connections to Mini DisplayPort displays." Is there another adaptor / cable (from a different manufacturer) that does support mini-DisplayPort (or DisplayPort) displays the will work with the new iMac Pro?

iPad 2, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 9:39 PM

Yes, there are adapters, but not from Apple at this writing.

Adapters from several vendors are available, from USB-C to [Full size] DisplayPort or [Mini] DisplayPort, at resolutions up to a nominal 4K, (by which the vendors intend to say 3480 by 2160).

Use caution if you order from Amazon -- some are mailed directly from the Far East and really will take 14 to 21 days to arrive.

This one is shipped from California USA:

Select Series USB-C to Mini DisplayPort Adapter 24273 $14.99 - Monoprice.com

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2017 9:39 PM in response to VJC

Yes, there are adapters, but not from Apple at this writing.

Adapters from several vendors are available, from USB-C to [Full size] DisplayPort or [Mini] DisplayPort, at resolutions up to a nominal 4K, (by which the vendors intend to say 3480 by 2160).

Use caution if you order from Amazon -- some are mailed directly from the Far East and really will take 14 to 21 days to arrive.

This one is shipped from California USA:

Select Series USB-C to Mini DisplayPort Adapter 24273 $14.99 - Monoprice.com

iMac Pro - DisplayPort Support?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.