Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant see the reminder I am typing

Whentyping a new reminder I am unable to see what I am typing if there are more than 8 reminders in the list. This makes it very difficult to know I typed it right or to edit a reminder. Why wouldn’t the reminder list scroll while the keyboard is up? If I try to scroll the keyboard disappears.

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 2:43 PM

2 replies

Dec 15, 2017 10:05 AM in response to StarkeM

Hello StarkeM,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that the keyboard in Reminders disappears when you have over 8 reminders in the list. I can definitely see how this could be concerning. I'm happy to help.

If you haven't already, try restarting your iPhone. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, follow the steps in the link below to remove and restore the Reminders app:
Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 11 device or Apple Watch

Please let us know if the behavior continues. Tell us if this occurs with other apps and any additional troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a wonderful day!

Dec 15, 2017 2:37 PM in response to Teddy_B

This is not a new problem. It occurred on my iphone6 and it occurs on my iphone8+ as well. It has always happened, never resolved or changed when I restarted, or factory re-stored a device. I think it is the way the app is programmed, not a glitch in my app.

I'll try to explain better. If you have an iphone, try it for yourself, go to your reminders. In one of the lists, add a reminder then hit return. Now you can enter another reminder on the next line, continue to add reminders and eventually you will not be able to see the line you are editing. On my iphone 8+ when I get to about 8 or 9 reminders the list is long enough that the next reminder will be underneath the keyboard and can not be viewed when editing that line item.

If you try to scroll the line items up so that you can see the reminder line that you are editing the keyboard disappears. When you tap on the line that you want to edit again the list shifts so that the 1st reminder is at the top of the screen and the keyboard pops up and you can not see the line you are editing again.

I cant see the reminder I am typing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.