Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My bluetooth headphones won't play Itunes music playlist

My bluetooth headphones are properly connected to the watch. I can hear the clicking sounds associated with typing in my passcode to unlock the watch through the headphones. Yet, when I try to play music with the watch, it says there is a connection error.

The headphones are showing up as paired in the configuration app. In fact, it says "connected" in the configuration app under the bluetooth setting. The headphones are fully charged. But they will not play music through the Itunes app.

I also synced a bluetooth speak to the watch, and the same thing happens. I can hear sounds from the watch, but when I try to play music, it says there is a connection error.

I have tried it with the watch both on and off my wrist. I have paired, unpaired, and repaired the bluetooth headphones and bluetooth speaker. Airplane mode is not on. I'm not sure what else to try.

Suggestions appreciated.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 4.2, GPS + LTE

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 3:12 PM

There are no replies.

My bluetooth headphones won't play Itunes music playlist

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.