Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: My purchased music is missing from iTunes

Suddenly my purchased music is missing from iTunes. I see it in my account but not in iTunes itself. What happened to it? Where did it go and how do I get it back?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on

Dec 15, 2017 7:02 AM in response to luv2knit In response to luv2knit

See Hide and unhide apps for your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support and check that the purchases have not been hidden. iTunes 12.7.2.60 dropped yesterday and it might possibly help. It isn't showing in software update so go to iTunes - Download iTunes Now - Apple.

tt2

Dec 15, 2017 7:02 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 15, 2017 8:09 AM in response to topperdog In response to topperdog

Update did not fix my issue. Still waiting from response from Apple. I replied to their token email giving me a list of things to try. I did, nothing worked, and I sent them my screen shots. I haven't heard anything in response. Newest iTunes did nothing for me.

Dec 15, 2017 8:09 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Dec 15, 2017 12:11 PM in response to turingtest2 In response to turingtest2

turingtest2 wrote:

See Hide and unhide apps for your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac - Apple Support and check that the purchases have not been hidden. iTunes 12.7.2.60 dropped yesterday and it might possibly help. It isn't showing in software update so go to iTunes - Download iTunes Now - Apple.

tt2

That first link should have been to Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support. Looks like one document has been split in two and I wanted to link to the half that has ended up at a new address. 😮

tt2

Dec 15, 2017 12:11 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Dec 16, 2017 2:50 PM in response to turingtest2 In response to turingtest2

I found & re-downloaded my purchased music. I was on hold with iTunes & clicked on Account>Purchased. When the Purchased window opened I saw my list of Purchases Not in My Library. For some reason all of my purchased music un-downloaded. I had to re-upload which was a pain & very frustrating but it’s all there now.

Dec 16, 2017 2:50 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 18, 2017 4:20 AM in response to luv2knit In response to luv2knit

luv2knit wrote:

For some reason all of my purchased music un-downloaded.

That sounds somewhat like the situation I discuss in Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash. Your media folder may be full of duplicate files now, only some of which are connected to your library.

tt2

Dec 18, 2017 4:20 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: luv2knit

Question: My purchased music is missing from iTunes