Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Continued Problem Watching Off Line Itunes Movie Rental

Since my last post I got advice from on line Apple chat support that I can only watch a rental itunes movie off line if I initially start watching it first on line to "activate it." My question was - what happens if I am in airplane mode or can't get on line, but have already purchased rental and it appears in my itunes files? The answer was that I need to first start watching it on line, which triggers the time deadlines of 24 hours. I just tried this with a rental - started watching it for 5 minutes, then turned of wireless. But it shuts off.

I am confused as here is what one on line apple link states:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201611

"Watch your movie rental offline

To watch your movie when you're offline, like on an airline flight where Wi-Fi is not available:

• Download the entire movie before you go offline.

• Press play to start watching. The 48-hour timer starts even if you're offline.

You might consider downloading rented movies prior to the day of your trip to make sure you have time to download all of the content."

Am i doing something wrong? How do I know if a rental movie is "downloaded entirely"?

Thanks for your answers.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, 2 TBT3), macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 5:12 PM

There are no replies.

Continued Problem Watching Off Line Itunes Movie Rental

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.