Related Article

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Buy the same in-app item again on a different computer with the same AppleID

I downloaded an app (Mail Stationery) on my iMac that offered in-app purchases (greeting cards). To try it out, I downloaded a card, and when it was what I wanted, I decided to buy this card on my MBP, because I use that for business purposes.

So I went to the App Store on my MBP, found the app under "Purchased", opened it and tried to buy the card that I had already bought on my iMac.

However, this is not possible. The error message says something about connection problems with the iTunes Store, which is generic for "We're having a problem carrying out your request".

Apple says it should be possible to do this but cannot solve the issue. The developer suggests to look in their sore under "Purchased", but the card does not show up on my MBP.

To make sure that I wasn't doing something wrong, I went ahead and purchased a different card on my MBP. No problem. However, when I wanted to buy this same card on my iMac, I could not.

Note: All with the same AppleID.

Anybody?

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on

There are no replies.
User profile for user: janoeterm

Question: Buy the same in-app item again on a different computer with the same AppleID