Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 colors dark after screen repair

I brought my iPhone 7 in to a 3rd party for a quick repair to replace my cracked screen. Everything looks fine except now my colors seem off. The most obvious being my reds which appear more an ugly brown. My blues appear almost purple too. I plan on bringing it back to them, if not the Apple store, to get this problem resolved, but I would like some feedback from the community. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem without bringing it in? Is this a problem easily fixed whether by a 3rd party or with Apple? I suppose it has something to do with them putting the new screen on. I am not sure if it is the screen itself or something else that was changed.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.2.1

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 4:35 PM

1 reply

Dec 14, 2017 5:36 PM in response to focusbud

focusbud wrote:

I brought my iPhone 7 in to a 3rd party for a quick repair to replace my cracked screen.

That is unfortunate. Apple does not authorize such repairs. Apple will no longer be able to help with this iPhone.

The best advice would be to bring it back to that third party and see what they'll do.

In the future, only use Apple Stores or Authorized Apple Service Centers should you need hardware service.

iPhone 7 colors dark after screen repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.