Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iCalendar - 3 questions

1 - iCloud vs on My Phone:

Never really having understood what the point is of having 2 sets of Calendars on my iPhone. I use mainly iCloud so does it not make sense for all Calendar events to be on iCloud and not on one's iPhone only?

2 - Can you cut and paste - or merge - the entire contents of a calendar into another calendar?

I seem to have ended up with 3/4 iCloud Calendars - one called Home, one called Work, and one called just Calendar + I have added another Calendar called House ( to do with just events that concern all of us who live in the same house).

Is 'Calendar' a 'Master Calendar'? How would I merge say 'Home' & 'House Calendar' without fear of losing years of data or missing some data from years back on a calendar?

3 - Best way to failsafe back up all Calendars beyond iCloud?

I am absolutely dependent now on iCloud Calendars - has become a very important record, the only record for years - Is there a way of absolutely guaranteeing that the dates and info cannot be lost? Can everything be imported to another Calendar app as a back up?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.5)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Switch iCloud backup on, your phone will be backed up at night while it is charging, As a secondary back up your Mac with Time Machine.

2. No answer but I suspect that you can, never tried it myself.

1. iCloud calendars are shared between all devices connected to the account, On my phone calendars are just on your phone.

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies
Question marked as Solved

Dec 21, 2017 5:08 PM in response to musicspirit In response to musicspirit

Switch iCloud backup on, your phone will be backed up at night while it is charging, As a secondary back up your Mac with Time Machine.

2. No answer but I suspect that you can, never tried it myself.

1. iCloud calendars are shared between all devices connected to the account, On my phone calendars are just on your phone.

Dec 21, 2017 5:08 PM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Helpful

May 13, 2018 3:29 PM in response to musicspirit In response to musicspirit

I do not believe it is possible using an iOS device. It is possible to merge calendars using Calendar on a Mac computer. In Calendar simply drag and drop one of the calendars you wish to merge onto the other.

May 13, 2018 3:29 PM

Reply Helpful (1)
User profile for user: musicspirit

Question: iCalendar - 3 questions