Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spyware

Hello, how Can I find out if someone had secretly installed spyware on my iphone 6S and also if they have family sharing without my knowledge thanks in advance

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 10:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 1:06 AM

Unless the 'someone' you're referring to is a national government or agency, there's no practical way for any spyware to be transparently installed on your phone. Any such application would appear on your phone and can't be hidden.

So start by looking at apps that you don't recognize or don't recall installing. Use Settings -> Battery to see which applications are using any significant CPU time (any application that's running in background tasks would appear here, so look for anything you don't recognize/expect.

As for Family Sharing, it's easy to see if that's enabled or not. Just go to Settings and tap your name at the top of the screen, then look at the Family Sharing option. It will tell you who (if any) family accounts are linked to yours.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2017 1:06 AM in response to N_Alrai

Unless the 'someone' you're referring to is a national government or agency, there's no practical way for any spyware to be transparently installed on your phone. Any such application would appear on your phone and can't be hidden.

So start by looking at apps that you don't recognize or don't recall installing. Use Settings -> Battery to see which applications are using any significant CPU time (any application that's running in background tasks would appear here, so look for anything you don't recognize/expect.

As for Family Sharing, it's easy to see if that's enabled or not. Just go to Settings and tap your name at the top of the screen, then look at the Family Sharing option. It will tell you who (if any) family accounts are linked to yours.

Dec 15, 2017 1:15 AM in response to Camelot

Thank you for the information, i have seen numerous spyware searching on google stated that you can hack a phone and spy on the activities without having the actual phone at hand, have you ever came across something like that or head of that’s been done in the past by any chance? Also is it possible to hack into an iPhone via gmail, Facebook, media apps etc..? I also have watched some videos tutorials on how to hack in to a phone without having the actual phone but I haven’t tried it myself so I don’t really know much nor do I have knowledge about IPhone much even though i have had iPhones for several years but i don’t think I have used all the goodness that iPhone provides lol any tips on how to protect my phone or check if it’s jail broken because it did indicate that if it is jalbroken they can hack it easier than when it’s not and I don’t know if mine it has been I know that I never did but I have an Ex and he seems to know things that I texted but did not say verbally so I’m not sure how else can he know unless he’s in my phone somehow lol thanks in advance and your help is greatly appreciated:)

Spyware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.