Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Why is all my storage suddenly taken up by “other” and growing by the hour??!

I made the mistake of upgrading to 11.2.1 now suddenly all my storage has been taken up. By “other” This morning in iPhone storage “system “was taking up 6.98 GB, after deleting stuff all day it now is taking 7.32 GB this is making no sense and it is irritating the living daylights out of me. I have tried everything I’ve found posted except wiping bcos I’ve seen too many posts that say they didn’t have enough space to reload the phone. Help!!!!!

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201656

Posted on

Dec 15, 2017 12:25 AM in response to Alphabrit In response to Alphabrit

Hi

Go to iCloud make sure iCloud back up is on Then backup now over your wifi.

Then go to settings down to reset Restore iPhone back to factory settings.

Set back up over your wifi when it asks if you want to use iCloud backup Say yes to get your apps and data back this will get rid of any bugs.

Cheers

Brian 🇬-1F1E7;

Dec 15, 2017 12:25 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 18, 2017 10:22 AM in response to panchososa694 In response to panchososa694

Thank you for replying, unfortunately it didn’t help me, I am way past all of that. Have offloaded all unused apps, transferred pics elsewhere and done a back up and reset which worked for a couple of hours before “other” started growing again. The more space I clear the more “other” grows!

Dec 18, 2017 10:22 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Alphabrit

Question: Why is all my storage suddenly taken up by “other” and growing by the hour??!