Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will I lose my texts if I get a new iPhone

I’m thinking about upgrading to a newer phone- will I lose my old texts?

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 9:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 9:36 PM

Greetings rsfred,

Thanks for posting your question here in the Support Communities. If you receive a new iPhone you can transfer the data between the two devices and not lose your text messages.

Transfer content from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This article has some information you can go over to help assist in transferring your data so your content is not lost when you upgrade.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2017 9:36 PM in response to rsfred

Greetings rsfred,

Thanks for posting your question here in the Support Communities. If you receive a new iPhone you can transfer the data between the two devices and not lose your text messages.

Transfer content from your previous iOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

This article has some information you can go over to help assist in transferring your data so your content is not lost when you upgrade.

Will I lose my texts if I get a new iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.