Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Linking app purchased in Canadian Tunes account store to US iTunes account store.

Is there a way to link my previous app purchases under my Canadian iTunes account to my same iTunes account in the US store? I moved from Canada to the USA recently and all of my apps that I purchased in Canada in the Canadian iTunes store don't show up in the USA store as being purchased even though it is the same iTunes account (Just US store instead of CA one from switching the method of payment to US card). I have bought additional apps since on the US store and they show up but the Canadian purchased apps don't. It says that I need to pay again for the apps but when I click on the price it says that I have already purchased it and lets me download it but my problem is those apps still don't register on my purchased app list in the iTunes store system so when I do a backup and a restore with saved game files etc. the apps from the Canadian store originally don't transfer the save files or receive automatic update notices like my US store apps do.

Posted on Dec 14, 2017 10:10 PM

2 replies

Dec 15, 2017 9:00 AM in response to jimbob567

Change your iTunes Store country or region - https://support.apple.com/HT201389

- "You might not be able to redownload some of your purchases from your original country or region.."

Now it used to be you couldn't re-download anything from a previous country's store once you changed country. The quoted statement above used to say, "After you change the country of your account, you won't see the items you purchased from the previous country’s store in the Purchased section." Now it says you might not be able... You saying you can re-download Canadian apps by trying to click "buy" in the US makes me think that may be changing even if they don't have all the bugs out of the system. Not sure. I would think with the new iTunes no longer backing up or letting you manage apps you would need some new way to keep apps purchased in a previous country or Apple will start losing a lot of customers.

Linking app purchased in Canadian Tunes account store to US iTunes account store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.