Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Still can't get rid of Paragon

Even after using official uninstaller. Still get trial expired message and can't find any Paragon related files. Wish I'd never installed this program.

Posted on Dec 15, 2017 3:15 AM

12 replies

Dec 15, 2017 11:08 AM in response to ingo70

I suggest you use the program created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. It will provide a snapshot of your system which we can analyze to possibly determine the cause of your problem. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. On the screen with Options, please open Options and check the bottom 2 boxes before running. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

Dec 15, 2017 11:13 AM in response to ingo70

In the Terminal:

pkgutil --pkgs | grep -i "paragon|ntfs"

If a package name appears for Paragon:

pkgutils --files package_name > ~/Desktop/pgon.txt

Now, you have a text file of the files/folders installed by Paragon, and you can manually work from this list. There will be a device driver installed in /System/Libraries/Extensions, and several more. Sometimes, installers will include a script that runs during the installation, and generates files/folders and permissions not shown in the pkgutils listing.

Dec 15, 2017 1:32 PM in response to VikingOSX

Yes, I was aware of that. I don't have Pacifist installed nor did I keep the various Paragon installers. I asked the user which Paragon product was installed so I could tell him the location of the files.

One reason he may be getting the trial notification is because a preference pane may not be removed. Assuming he is using one of the products that has one.

Still can't get rid of Paragon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.